Virtual Professional Development: Intro to the Finch Robot - July 15
Regular price $300.00
- PD cost includes 1 Finch Robot and access for 1 teacher
- 6 hours of training broken into two 2-hour sections - 11 am EST to 1 pm; break; 2-4 pm; there will also be a 2 hour assignment
- 25 maximum participants so register ASAP
- Registration deadline - June 30, 2022
Build confidence in teaching computational thinking & robotics and prepare for classroom integration with personal training and support.
This introductory workshop is incredibly flexible and is designed for educators who are interested in learning how to integrate the Finch Robot and computer science into an educational setting.
We will teach you the basics of programming and teaching with the Finch Robot. Educators will leave the training with activity ideas, familiarity with our free online resources, and a clear understanding of standards and curriculum alignment.
Virtual Learning (4 hrs): The typical training includes the following topics:
- Intro to icon-based and block-based coding
- Intro to outputs on the Finch Robot (motors, light, sound)
- Intro to inputs on the Finch Robot (sensors)
- Opportunities to code and participate in activities with the Finch Robot
- Classroom integration and project planning ideas and solutions
The first part of training will start at 11 am EST and end at 1 pm. After an hour break, training will resume from 2-4.
Asynchronous Learning: Participants will leave the training with a HyperDoc of links to easy-to-use, always available resources and materials including:
- Self-paced, asynchronous PD courses for educators
- Video tutorials on 20 topics for students
- Printable learning materials
Is this workshop good for beginners?
Yes! No robotics, coding, or computer science experience is required. We will introduce you to icon-based and block-based programming.
I already work with other robotics tools. Will this workshop be boring?
It's easy to get started with the Finch Robot, but challenging to master, so our workshops are engaging for all levels. In fact, the Finch is an excellent tool for classroom differentiation. We can't wait to show you!
What do participants need?
All participants will need a computer, Chromebook, tablet, iPad, or smartphone. We ask that groups choose between either using solely mobile devices (tablet, iPad, smartphone) or solely computers (Mac, Windows, Chromebook). Participants should also have access to the Finch Robot that is included in the price of the PD so that they can actively participate in coding and activities.
For more information on BirdBrain Technologies, visit our website.