VEX EDR Accessories - Motion - High Strength Gear Kit - 276-2250
Regular price $21.99
Gears are one of the primary sources of power transmission in VEX EDR. We offer a variety of both normal and high strength gears, that come in a multitude of shapes and sizes. Start with a simple project like building a gear reduction, and work your way up towards building more complex mechanism such as a differential for a drivetrain.
More information on gears and power transmission can be found in the VEX EDR Curriculum.
This High Strength Gear Kit provides several new gears with features to handle higher loads. Each of these gears has a wider face width; this means each tooth is wider so applied loads will be spread over a larger area.
The 12-tooth High Strength Gear is molded out of powdered metal. The 36-tooth and 60-tooth Gears have powdered metal inserts. These metallic components will protect the gear from high loads applied by a VEX axle.
- High strength gears mate with all VEX spur gears.
- Double-thick face width provides added tooth strength.
- Metal Square Hole Inserts prevent axles from "stripping".
- Use metal pinions for high strength where it counts.
- Use the round-hole inserts to build free spinning idler gears.
- Build gearboxes that resist high shock-loads.
- Bolt Gears together for added strength.