Horizon Energy Box
Regular price $2,019.00
The Horizon Energy Box provides a complete understanding of how fuel cell technology interacts with renewable energy sources to create an entirely sustainable power grid. Solar power, wind energy, kinetic energy from a hand crank and a demonstration of the incredible storage potential of a super capacitor.
There’s a range of fuel cells to compare: PEM hydrogen fuel cell, the salt water fuel cell and a direct ethanol fuel cell. Countless experiments, so many scientific principles at work and plenty of space for creativity.
- Fuel cell science from fuel cell experts: PEM, direct
ethanol, salt water and reversible fuel cells in one kit.
- Introduction to renewable energy: solar panel,
wind turbine, temperature cell and hand crank.
- Includes super capacitor to demonstrate the
latest in energy storage technology.
- Includes CD with curriculum content for 40 hours
of classroom activities.
- Hands-on Lab Activities
- Teacher's Guides
- Student's Guides
- Chemistry Concepts - Biofuels, Electrochemistry, Electrolysis, Energy, Ethanol Reactions, Hydrogen Generation, Organic Chemistry, pH, Reaction Rates, Reaction Yield, Reactions, Redox Reactions, Semiconductors, Solution Concentrations
- Physics Concepts - Angular velocity, Capacitors, Classical Mechanics, Current/Voltage, Efficiency, Electric Charge, Electric Circuits, Energy, Generators, Heat, Light, Ohm's Law, Parallel Circuits, Power (Electric), Rotational Mechanics, Series Circuits, Thermal Energy.
- Earth Science Concepts - Climate change, Renewable Energy, Human Impact
For more information about Horizon Educational, visit our website.