Renewable Energy Science Kit
Regular price $299.00
The Renewable Energy Science Kit demonstrates the workings of a clean energy technology system on a miniature scale. Power an electrical circuit by solar panel or a wind turbine with profiled blades based on NASA aeronautics. Generate hydrogen through water electrolysis and convert it into electricity using a PEM fuel cell. Whichever combination of technologies you want to explore, this science kit is a comprehensive introduction to the principles behind renewable microgrids.
- Full PBL unit on clean power generation includes an exploration of the environmental effects of atmospheric carbon dioxide.
- Hands-on activities center on complementary attributes of different renewable energy sources.
- Complete student and teacher materials for up to 10 class periods of activities.
- Hands-on Lab Activities
- Teacher's Guides
- Student's Guides
- Chemistry Concepts - Electrolysis, Energy, Hydrogen Generation, Reaction Rates, Reaction Yield, Reactions, Redox Reactions, Semiconductors, Stoichiometry
- Physics Concepts - Angular velocity, Classical Mechanics, Efficiency, Electric Circuits, Energy, Ohm's Law, Parallel Circuits, Power (Electric), Rotational Mechanics, Series Circuits
- Earth Science Concepts - Climate change, Renewable Energy, Human Impact